Thursday, July 13, 2023

Torrens Linear Track Circuit - January 2023


I decided to start this stroll outside the St Peter's Cathedral. 

Heading down towards the Torrens River I passed by The Oval Hotel where Sam and I were staying  on this visit. 

Once I reached the Torrens River I swung west along the south bank through the parklands. 

The Adelaide Oval looming over the river.

The pedestrian bridge links the CBD to the sporting precinct.



As you've probably guessed by the number of dodgy photos I was quite impressed with the look of the bridge!

The Torrens River has some private school rowing pavilions lining it's banks.

It didn't take long before the walk took on a more rural feel.

I crossed over the weir and started my walk back towards the Adelaide Oval.



Someone had pulled the 'Millard' up at the riverside flats - things are pretty low key over in Adelaide!

Hmm.... I'm back at the pedestrian bridge again 🙄


Looking back towards the CBD from the north bank.

Heading back to the hotel - that's me done for the day.

The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails App I walked around 3.7 kilometres and climbed about 39 metres on this easy stroll. This walk is predominantly along sealed shared paths so I'm thinking that it would be ok for prams and wheelchairs. This is yet another of those walks that probably isn't worth travelling a great distance to do, however if you find yourself in the vicinity with an hour or two to spare then it's worth stretching your legs on this stroll. This was a version of a walk that I found on AllTrails.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




W had a great view of St Peter's Cathedral from our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...