Saturday, July 15, 2023

Pyramid Hill Circuit Walk - February 2023

I wasn't over run with crowds on this walk.

After setting off I climbed up a good track to a wide saddle.

Once up on the saddle it was time to attempt the scramble to the summit.

Just below the trig I had to traverse this ledge to get around some low cliffs.

Pyramid Hill Trig.


The view from Pyramid Hill was surprisingly extensive.

Looking back down towards the Pyramid Hill township.





Pyramid Hill scrambling.

There were still a few wildflowers around.

It's fairly flat country in this bit of Victoria.

I finished the stroll off with a circumnavigation of the hill.

The Dirt. 
According to my AllTrails app I walked around 1.9 kilometres and climbed about 87 metres on this fairly easy walk. Now while I've called it easy, the scramble to the trig might put some people off as there is no formal track and the going is pretty rough. I climbed to the summit from a broad saddle that the circuit track passes through. I used my AllTrails App for this walk.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...