Friday, July 14, 2023

Ferntree Falls, Two Mile Walk, Mt Buangor State Park - January 2023

I set off along Two Mile Track this afternoon. This little waterfall is an un-named one on Middle Creek.

I walked Two Mile Track in a counter clockwise direction.

Two Mile Track.



Two Mile Track climbs into the surrounding hills a bit...

...before swinging back towards Middle Creek and Ferntree Falls.

I'd jagged a stunner of a day for this walk.

The walking track network up in Mt Buangor State Park is very good.

The upper drop of Ferntree Falls.

I think the lower drop is the prettiest spot...?



Once leaving Ferntree Falls it was only a very short stroll back to the ute.


The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails App I walked around 3.0 kilometres and climbed about 157 metres on this easy walk. There is a nice picnic area at the car park (and a few other scattered through the park) as well as some camping spots. Ferntree Falls can be visited without completing the whole walk by just walking the route clockwise from the car park. In my experience the walking track system up here is top notch and normally well maintained. I used my AllTrails app for the walk this afternoon.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...