Saturday, July 1, 2023

Kangaroo Gap & Alison Saddle Walk - December 2022

Setting off towards Kangaroo Gap - we were lucky on this trip to see so much water about what is normally a very dry area.

Red Gums.

Kangaroo Gap & Alison Saddle Walk - Rawnsley Park Station.

The walking was extremely easy as I followed a shallow valley south (ish).

This old Cypress Pine has seen a bit over the years I'm thinking.

That's Alison Saddle in the middle distance with Rawnsley Bluff poking it's head out in the distance. 

To complete the circuit I walked a nice ridgeline just on sunset.

Looking across Rawnsley Park to the outside walls of Wilpena Pound.


Rawnsley Bluff from the ridgeline.


I was dropping down to one of those white roofed buildings in the middle distance.



The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails App I walked around 5 kilometres and climbed about 158 metres on what I'd call an easy grade walk. This is another walk that is on Rawnsley Park Station so I'm thinking that you'd need to be staying there to walk it, the maps are available at reception. I did the walk at the back end of a stinking hot summer day and I'd highly recommend not doing this walk in the middle of a hot day - sunset and sunrise are best for views and wildlife anyway. I used my AllTrails map along with the mud map from the resort.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...