Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Terrick Terrick Circuit Walk, Terrick Terrick National Park - February 2023

I was off early again today.

I was happy to be walking under a blue sky this morning - it was pouring with rain back in Melbourne.

A couple of minutes after leaving the ute and I was on the 197 metre summit of Mt Terrick Terrick.

I'm heading this way


Walking the rock slabs around Mt Terrick Terrick.

Once off the rock slabs I was walking through this beautiful dry open woodland.


There are some random rocky outcrops scattered through the forest.

Native Pines - Terrick Terrick National Park.

Towards the north end of the park I picked up this quiet track.




Reigels Rock

Heading for the northern boundary of the park I dropped by this nice over hang.

My off piste walking was almost finished now.

I'm following Rogers Track north-ish now.

Native Pines on Rogers Track.

Centre Track - Terrick Terrick National Park.

I didn't see another person all day.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 20 kilometres and climbed about 278 metres on what I'd call a medium grade stroll. Around the first third of this walk is off piste - the country is very pleasant to walk across however you still need to be able to navigate a bit. Once I joined the tracks up at the north end of the park I was mostly walking 4wd tracks - some were closed to vehicles however most were open although I didn't see anyone else on my walk. This walk would make for a nice overnight walk although I'm not sure what the legality of bush camping in the park is - the camping itself would be very nice though. I used an AllTrails map for this walk although I freelanced quite a bit from their route.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...