Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Rawnsley Bluff - January 2023

That looks easy enough😬

After starting off fairly easily I soon got into the steep bit.

After getting the worst of the climb out of the way I checked out the side trip to the Wilpena Pound Lookout.

The Elder Range in the distance.

Back on the track and heading towards Rawnsley Bluff.

Rawnsley Bluff.

The view from Rawnsley Bluff.




Looking across the tops towards Wilpena Pound.


The white line in the distance is Lake Torrens.

Looking back down towards Rawnsley Park.

I'm heading back towards the spot where the track drops through a breach in the cliffline. 










Dropping off the plateau.

It was easy walking now back to the ute.


The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 10.7 kilometres and climbed about 536 metres on what I'd call a medium - hard grade walk. This walk is extremely steep and a little lose in spots so care needs to be taken. Once up on the plateau the walking is easy although when I went through the track was starting to get a bit scrubby in spots - it's still easy enough to follow, however it needs a little concentration. If considering this walk in the hotter months then try and set off close to sunrise, carrry plenty of water and don't be to proud to pull the pin and drop back down to the car park. I used my AllTrails map on the walk this morning.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.



Time to head back for a swim!

And after the swim I've got some work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...