Saturday, June 17, 2023

Daylesford to Suckling Track Camp, Lerderderg Track, Wombat State Forest - January 2023


The trail head for this one is pretty low key... it's in the bushes near the lake lookout on Bridport Street.

Leaving Daylesford was probably the trickiest navigation for the day.

The Lerderderg Track crosses this old railway bridge at Jubilee Lake on the way to Wombat State Forest.

Wombat Creek.

Walking the old railway formation in the early evening.



Once off the old railway formation I followed a series of these quiet 4wd tracks.

My bush camp off Suckling Track was a rough one however I still slept well after a pretty big day of work and travel.

The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails app I walked around 12.6 kilometres and climbed about 414 metres on what I'd call an easy days walking. The route out of Daylesford requires a bit of navigation as it isn't always way marked, once out of town things get easier. The camping off Suckling Track is just a flattish bit of ground on the bush - there are no facilities. I used my AllTrails app along with the Lerderderg Track topo map today - the map is fairly important as the AllTrails route wasn't always 100% accurate.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...