Saturday, June 24, 2023

Warren Gorge Circuit Walk - December 2022

I was off fairly early again today - getting the steepest climb out of the way before the day heated up too much.

Red rock and native pines - I was pretty happy with life.

Looking back towards Quorn from the walks high point.

Warren Gorge Walk.


The view down into Warren Gorge from the high point.

After getting the steepest climb out of the way I was left with a long gentle descent into and through the gorge.


The country surrounding the park is mostly pastural land.



Early morning in Warren Gorge.

There is a good, well amrked track for the length of this walk.

My best go at an arty shot today.

Down near the drive in camp the gorge gets quite spectacular.

It looked like the creek was pretty well dry - although I didn't need water, so I wasn't searching for it.

Warren Gorge.

Warren Gorge.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 5.3 kilometres and climbed about 186 metres on this fairly easy walk. I did the walk counter clockwise which got the steepest climb out of the way and left a fairly long gentle descent through the gorge to finish the walk off with. The track itslef is well marked and clear. Walk very early in the morning (or late in the day) if the weather is hot. There is an extensive drive in camp here if anyone wanted to make a weekend of it. I used my AllTrails map today. 

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...