Monday, June 19, 2023

Whisky Track to Bacchus Marsh, Lerderderg State Park - January 2023

My journey along Whisky Track continued this morning.

I'm about to drop steeply down to cross Whisky Creek - that's Mt Blackwood in the distance.

Back in my early walking days this use to be an off track route known only to a few bushwalkers.


Whisky Creek has cut quite a substantial gorge.

Whisky Creek.

After leaving Whisky Creek the climb up to Square Bottle Track was solid.



Once up on Square Bottle Track the going was pretty cruisey again.

Approaching Mt Blackwood the Lerderderg Track passes through a bit of rural land.



Looking down into Lerderderg State Park from Mt Blackwood.

Nice walking along Clifford Track.

There are some reasonable views down into Lerderderg Gorge from the Blackwood Ranges Track.

Dropping down to pass through Bacchus Marsh - my knees didn't need these!


The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails app I walked around 33.3 kilometres and climbed about 794 metres today on what I'd call a hard walk. The tracks through Lerderderg are mostly well signposted and marked. The Lerderderg Track through Bacchus Marsh is vaguely marked at best - AllTrails still shows the old route down to the railway station along the main street, there is a quieter route marked on the map which I used. I used my AllTrails app along with my Lerderderg Track topo map today.

Relevant Posts.
Previous day of this walk.

YouTube Video.





This is one of the rare cases where it's easy enough to complete a multi night walk utilising public transport in Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...