Sunday, March 26, 2023

Discovery & Lawsons Falls Walk, Bunyip State Park - October 2022


Lawson Falls.

The walk starts from the Lawson Falls Picnic Area.


My day started off with a bit of a road bash.

Climbing up to the walks high piont.

Dropping down towards Lawson Creek.

Early morning in Bunyip State Park.

Lawson Falls.

Lawson Falls.

Down stream of the falls the single track walking continued.

Crossing Lawson Creek down stream of the falls.

Lawson Falls walking track.

Lawson Creek.

The Dirt.
According to my Alltrails App I walked around 5.4 kilometres and climbed about 244 metres on this easy walk. I did the walk in a clock wise direction this morning, the theory being to get most of the road walking and climbing out of the way first up and leave the waterfall and the single track until the back half of the walk - and that's how things turned out. I'm thinking that with this place being a state park then a visit early in the morning or on a weekday is optimul to aviod the trail bikes and 4wd's. I found this walk on Alltrails and used their map.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...