Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Tramway Falls Walk, Tanjil State Forest - October 2022


So, I mentioned a couple of posts ago about the rational for me starting to swing over to YouTube and spend a little less time working on each blog post. One of the side benefits of this is that I've been out doing quite a lot of walking recently which has resulted in a huge backlog of posts that I'm sitting on. I'm thinking that from now on I will actually be publishing more posts than I have before, the downside being that the posts could be a little spasmodic. If anyone want's to be sure that they catch my latest mild adventure then the easiest way would be to subscribe to the YouTube channel and hit the bell icon - YouTube will then send an alert that I've posted. The blog posts will closely follow the relevant YouTube posts. 

Cheers
Kevin


Tanjil Bren was a pretty quiet spot this morning.

Leaving Tanjil Bren required a bit of navigation. 

Climbing away from Tanjil Bren into the hills I got a few long range views... of the nearby logging coupes😞

The 4wd track was closed off to vehicles. 



Tramway Falls from above - to view the falls  from below would of required a little too much scrub bashing and scrambling for me this morning!

The creek above the falls is very pretty as well. 

After leaving the falls I followed this recently bull dozed track for awhile.

Dropping back down towards Tanjil Bren I got some views east. 



When I could ignore the fact that I was pretty well surrounded by logging couple the forest was pretty impressive. 

The Thomson Dam is out in that direction - it was expected to spill for the first time in decades in the next few days. 


I'm almost down at Tanjil Brem again.

The Dirt.
According to Alltrails I walked around 12.4 kilometres and climbed 493 metres on what I'd call an easy-medium grade walk. This walk is all on tracks although neither the walk or the falls aren't actually signposted in any way so you'll need some kind of a map. This walk goes very close to a lot of logging coupes in spots so I'm thinking that it maybe subject to closures occasionally. I used my Alltrails App today for navigation.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...