Friday, March 31, 2023

Sailors Falls Mineral Springs Walk, Hepburn Regional Park - October 2022

After another big dump of rain Sailors Falls were pumping this morning.  

Sailors Falls.


Crossing Sailors Creek was... interesting this morning 😮



Once on the west side of the creek I had some easier walking...

... although it was rarely dry. 



Dropping back down to there creek again. 

I followed an old water race up stream to the next crossing.

Yeah...nah, I think I'll give this one a miss this morning. 

Retracing my way way back to the start. At least these runners bleed the water out quickly!

Back at Sailors Falls.

Now I just have to get across that again.




The Dirt.
Well, according to Alltrails I walked around 3.4 kilometres and climbed about 104 metres on what would normally be a very easy walk - having said that I'd stay away from this walk after one of our frequent once in a hundred year rain fall events as the crossings were both very dodgy this morning. The second downstream crossing wasn't worth the risk this morning so I actually retraced most of the walk. Now having said that, these falls are definitely best seen after good rain so it is best to visit after some rain. The tracks on this one are signposted fairly well. I used Alltrails for navigation this morning.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...