Saturday, April 15, 2023

Lorne ~ Erskine Falls Loop, Great Otway National Park - November 2022

It was another early start this morning.

I walked the coastline around to Lorne initially.

Brekky was a very civilised affair.

Leaving Lorne it was time for the 'full wet' set up!

Fairly easy going near the start of the Erskine Falls Track.

The Erskine Falls Track stays close to the river all the way.

Sometimes I was very close to the river.



Crossing the Erskine River again.

Straw Falls.

Erskine Falls.

Leaving Erskine Falls I climbed the Lemonade Creek Track over towards Cora Lyn Cascades.

Cora Lyn Creek.

Cora Lyn Cascades.

I was a little muddy when I arrived at Cora Lyn Cascades - things were about to get worse though.

After leaving Cora Lyn Cascades I walked the creek down through this canyon.

Maybe some walkers would walk down a moss covered log - not this fat old walker though!

These rocks were as slippery as ice.



Cora Lyn Cascades.

I spent a large amount of time actually in Cora Lyn Creek on my journey down towards Phantom Falls.

Phantom Falls.

Phantom Falls

Looking down towards The Cascades on the St George River.

I enjoyed soaking my tired legs in the St George River inlet before heading off home.

The Dirt.
According to Alltrails I walked 26.6 kilometres and climbed around 783 metres on what I'd call a hard grade walk. The thing with this walk is that the tracks are sometimes pretty rough going, the Erskine Falls Track requires quite a few fords of the river which was interesting after a lot of recent rain - the Cora Lyn Cascades to Phantom Falls Track was very rough going on this walk and I spent quite a bit of time actually walking in the creek. I used my Alltails Map on this stroll and mostly the navigation was all pretty straightforward, although finding the start of the Erskine Falls Track required me to walk through the caravan park following the river before I eventually picked up the track.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...