Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hepburn Springs ~ Daylesford Circuit Walk, Hepburn Regional Park - November 2022

Another Saturday - another early start!

I started this walk near the Pavilion Cafe in Hepburn Springs.

Easy walking along 4wd tracks as I made my way towards Daylesford.

Passing through the Hepburn Reservoir Reserve.

I stopped to check out the big mobs of Roos as I approached Daylesford .

Making the most of the creature comforts in Daylesford.

After brekky I dropped down to Lake Daylesford.

Lake Daylesford spillway.

Central Spring.



I was now following the Goldfields Track.

Looking back down towards Tipperary Springs.



It had been raining since I'd left Daylesford.



Blackberries are a big issue up here.

Any long range views were pretty grey and dull today.

Breakneck Gorge.

Breakneck Gorge.

Breakneck Gorge.



Breakneck Gorge.

The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails app I walked around 21.6 kilometres and climbed about 608 metres on waht I'd call a medium-hard grade day's walking. I did this walk back in November 2022 and at the time the Goldfields region of Victoria was badly flood effected, and this walk was no different in that regard. I had to deal with flooded creeks, washed out bridges and fords, trees down, landslips and some very overgrown tracks on this stroll which ramped the degree of difficulty up a fair bit. Daylesford makes a great spot to stop for a break on this walk. I used my AllTrails app and maps on this stroll.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...