Thursday, April 20, 2023

Chatauqua Peak Walk, Grampians National Park - December 2022


Leaving Halls Gap I climbed the GPT up towards Clematis Falls.

Clematis Falls.

Clematis Falls - this waterfall is quite often dry in summer so I was fairly lucky to see a bit of water coming down this arvo.

I saw around 4 Echidnas on this stroll.

Climbing towards Chatauqua Peak I got some great views along the Wonderland Range.

The side trip up Chatauqua Peak required some easy scrambling in a couple of spots.

Grampians National Park.

The Elephants Hide and the Wonderland Range from Chatauqua Peak.

Halls Gap from Chatauqua Peak.

Delleys Dell.

Delleys Dell also still had a bit of water flowing down this afternoon.

Heading back down into Halls Gap I got some nice views through the trees of the Wonderland Range towering above.


The Wonderland Range.

My walk finished off with a pretty easy amble back down to the ute.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 6.2 kilometres and climbed about 244 metres on this easy stroll. Sections of this walk are along the Grampians Peaks Trail while other sections are along older tracks. All the tracks are well signposted and way marked - the older sections of track being a bit rougher than the newer GPT sections. There is some easy scrambling on the side trip up Chatauqua Peak. I used my AllTrails app on the walk this afternoon.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...