Monday, April 17, 2023

Cape Schanck to Dromana, Two Bays Trail, Mornington Peninsula National Park - November 2022

Cape Schanck - I was on my way fairly early this morning.

The Two Bays Track follows the cliff tops across to Bushrangers Bay.

Cape Schanck.



Pulpit Rock, Cape Schanck.

I took in the views from the tourist lookouts before I set off on the Two Bays Track this morning.

My heart starter.

Cape Schanck.

Approaching Bushrangers Bay on Two Bays Track.

Bushrangers Bay.

Looking back along the coast towards Cape Schanck.

Main Creek.

Looking back down towards Bushrangers Bay from the Two Bays Track.

You are pretty well guaranteed to see roos on this walk.

Banksia's.

Two Bays Track.

Two Bays Track, Greens Bush.

Grass Trees are also a feature of this walk.



Two Bays Track.



Two Bays Track.

This walk doesn't just traverse national and state parks - I was also walking easements and quiet roads in spots.

McClaren Dam, Arthurs Seat State Park.

Two Bays Track contouring along the slopes of Arthurs Seat - with views across Port Phillip Bay.

Looking south from Seawinds Gardens.

The Northern Lookout at Seawinds Gardens.

Seawinds Gardens.

I've made it to Port Phillip Bay and I'm feeling pretty happy with life.

Dromana Beach.

Back at the ute - time to head home.

The Dirt.
According to my app I walked around 30.5 kilometres and climbed about 802 metres on what I'd call a hard day out. The tracks today are all pretty well signposted and marked (although the short suburban link through Rosebud needs concentration). There was a bit of flooding in one spot today and sections of the track were getting fairly overgrown around Main Creek. There is a new tank at the Lightwood Creek Camp if a water top up is needed, apart from that Seawinds is the only other spot for water - the creeks all run off farm land so I'd give drinking out of them a miss. I used my AllTrails App for navigation today.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...