Thursday, April 13, 2023

The Monolith & Chalwell Galleries Walk, Mt Buffalo National Park - November 2022

The view across the Mt Buffalo Plateau from The Monolith.

Looking down towards Lake Catani from The Monolith.





There are some nice Snowgums clinging on to the side of The Monolith.

Yes.... I'd be cautious too😉

The Monolith.

The path around the northern shoreline of Lake Catani is more of your bushwalking type of track.



Lake Catani.

Lake Catani.

After leaving Lake Catani I climbed up to the Chalwell Galleries.

Traversing through Chalwell Galleries requires a bit of agility.

Chalwell Galleries.

Somehow I managed to squeeze my fat arse through there....?

Out of the galleries I was happy to be walking in the sun again.

Back down at Lake Catani.

My walk finished with a bit of a grunt as I climbed away from the Undergroud River.

Looking down to the Ovens Valley.

Mountain Ash.


The Dirt.
According to Alltrails I walked around 10.9 kilometres and climbed about 348 metres on what medium grade walk. This walk is on a combination of generally well sign posted tracks. The climb up to The Monolith utilises a few sections of stairs and ladders and then a bit latter the traverse of the Chalwell Galleries features some tight squeezes and scrambles so a little agility is handy when completing this stroll. I used my Alltrails map today.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...