Monday, May 1, 2023

Death Rock & Kanyaka Waterhole Circuit Walk - December 2022


The interesting Kanyaka Homestead Ruins are near the start of the walk.


Kanyaka Cemetery. 



Kanyaka Ruins


The walk starts off by dropping down to the old wool shed...

... before following Kanyaka Creek up stream for awhile.

That's Death Rock in the trees.

Kanyaka Waterhole was on the small and stagnant side - so no swimming here today.

Death Rock.

After leaving the creek line we checked out some interesting rock formations up near the road.

I'm thinking this one looks like a Wedgetail... although maybe that's just me 😉

The old Ghan train line.

Dropping back down to the creek line we followed some sheep tracks.

Back down on Kanyaka Creek.

You shouldn't struggle to find a park on this stroll.

Time for a swim I think.

That's me sorted for a couple of hours!

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails Sam and I walked around 3.7 kilometres and climbed 60 metres on this easy walk. The track along the creek to Death Rock is well marked and obvious, as was the track up to the old Ghan line, however the shortcut back down to the creek was off piste (but very easy). If considering this walk on a hot day go early or late as there is little shade. I used my AllTrails map today.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...