Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Moora Moora Reservoir Walk & Swim, Grampians National Park - January 2023

The hardest bit of this adventure was actually finding the start of the track.

I was struggling to get a photo of this bloke...

... he kept circling the tree to stay away from the camera.

I've been walking for around 3 minutes and the reservoir wall is already in view.



That's the Serra Range on the far side of Moora Moora Reservoir.

The entry point was easier than it looked.

The water was almost the perfect temperature this morning.






I'd been able to squeeze in a lot on this 20 hour visit to the Grampians - it was time to dry off now and head off home though.


The Dirt. 
According to my AllTrails app I walked a grand total of 440 metres and climbed about 6 metres on this very easy adventure. By far the hardest bit about this walk/swim is finding it - keep a close eye on your map and look for a WP sign pointing north east along a 4wd track that is just after an old irrigation channel, when heading south along the Glenelg River Road. The swimming here is sensational once off the rocks, the reservoir is pretty shallow so it's was easy enough to stand up once I cleared the rocks. I used my AllTrails app today.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...