Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Pilot Walk, Day 1, Cowombat Track Gate to Cowombat Flat Camp - January 2023

There was a lot more water up here than on my last visit.

My afternoons walk followed Cowombat Track for pretty well the complete distance.

Arriving at Cowombat Flat I checked out the historic plane wreck.

Looking up towards The Pilot - tomorrows objective.

Cowombat Flat.

The cloud is starting to roll in over the Cobberas.

The view from my Cowombat Flat Camp.



The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails App I walked around 13.1 kilometres and climbed about 396 metres on what I'd call an easy days walking. I was following 4wd tracks all afternoon so navigation wasn't really an issue today. There was quite a bit of water flowing down across Cowombat Track from the Cobberas today - I carried less than a litre at a time. There are numerous great camps at Cowombat Flat. I camped on a lightly wooded knoll a few metres from the Murray River. I used an AllTrails map that I created for this walk.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...