Thursday, May 11, 2023

Wadna Yaldha (Mt Chambers) Walk - December 2022

I was off to an early start today.

By the time I left the ute the sun was starting to creep closer to me.

Thankfully Mt Chambers was providing me with some shade.

Climbing towards the ridge I was able to watch the new day creeping across the desert.

This was a bit of a make your own style of adventure.

The country is fairly good for off piste walking - although the vegetation that is there is extremely scratchy.

Getting closer to the summit ridge and I'm traversing some steep and lose ground.

Once on the summit ridge the walking was pretty straitforward.

There is a substantial cairn on the summit (although no log book that I could see).

The view from the small summit plateau was stunning.








Alright... time to get back down to the ute.

I swung a little bit further to the east along the ridge on my descent, which got me away from some of the steeper and loser sections.



I was able to follow intermittent animal / bushwalking pads occasionally.



Easy walking down lower.

Looking back I got a classic desert scene as I approached the ute.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 4.4 kilometres and climbed about 218 metres on this hard walk. While the stats mightn't suggest a hard rating the walk is off track and can feature some lose scrambling depending on the exact route taken. There are no facilities or signage anywhere (including the trail head) on this stroll. This not a walk to do on a hot day as there is virtually no shelter. I used my AllTrails map this morning.

Relevant Posts.


YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...