Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Moora Moora Falls Walk, Day 1, Grampians National Park - January 2023

It was early evening by the time I set off from Boreang Camp today.

I walked the Glenelg River Road for a couple of minutes - crossing Mt Rosea Creek along the way.

Climbing away from the Glenelg River Road I followed the closed Moora Moora Track.

Moora Moora Track.

I'm guessing that might be Mt Rosea.

Looking across the the Serra Range.

Dropping down Homestead Track - Moora Moora Reservoir has just come into view.

Moora Moora Falls is in that gorge - unfortunately this was about as close as I'd get.

I might not of been able to visit the waterfall however the scenery was just top shelf.






It was pretty well dark by now.

I dropped down Homestead Track to find some flat ground to camp.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 6.3 kilometres and climbed about 161 metres on this easy walk. Unfortunately the gorge that the cascading creek flows through is off limits to walkers due to it being home to a small colony of endangered Rock Wallabies - the views into the gorge from Homestead Track are first class though. All the 4wd tracks that I walked today were closed to vehicles so the the walking was pretty good - I'm not sure if the tracks are normally closed or if they were closed because we are in a very wet summer? I bush camped down where Homestead Track levels off - you aren't allowed to camp near the creek here. I used my AllTrails app for this walk.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...