Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Moora Moora Falls Walk, Day 2, Grampians National Park - January 2023


Time to fire up I suppose...

Enjoying my early morning view from my Mozzie free sanctuary!

I continued to follow Homestead Track for a short time this morning.

Moora Moora Creek. Access to the creek is allowed at the spot Moora Moora Track crosses it.

Climbing Moora Moora Track.

I started to get some glimpses west towards the Victoria Range as I climbed.

The climbing is over now - I'm retracing yesterdays outward route.





A couple of minutes after crossing Mt Rosea Creek and I was back at the ute.

The Dirt.
According to AllTrails I walked around 5.5 kilometres this morning and climbed about 83 metres on this very easy walk. I headed off pretty early today to get back to the ute before the predicted heat arrived for the day and that plan worked out well. The walking today was almost entirely along closed 4wd tracks. I used my AllTrails app this morning.

This was a very easy multi day walk that would be suitable for people just starting out on the whole back packing thing, although the bush camping is without any facilities. The other important thing to note is that access to the gorge is banned so you can't actually get to the waterfall.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...