Friday, May 26, 2023

The Pilot Walk, Day 3, Cowombat Flat Camp to Cowombat Track Gate - January 2023


I was up for a warm day today, so I fired up pretty early. 

My breakfast view...

Retracing my outward route along Cowombat Track.


There was quite a warm wind blowing through this morning - which always makes me a little un-easy up here.



Time to find somewhere for a swim before heading off on my next adventure.

The Dirt.
According to my AllTrails App I walked around 13 kilometres and climbed about 600 metres (I forgot to turn it on for awhile) on what I'd call an easy - medium grade days walking. The walking today was all along closed 4wd tracks. There was water flowing off the Cobberas in about 5 spots this morning so I didn't need to carry much. I used my AllTrails App this morning.

Relevant Posts.

YouTube Video.


I was looking pretty happy with myself after finding a nice river to cool off in.

I was a little slow turning the App on this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pelion Hut to Mt Ossa return, Overland Track - April 2010

Mt Oakleigh from the Pelion Hut heli pad. I think the mountain just visible in the mist in the distance is Cradle Mountain... ... the flat t...